Suppose you arrive home one evening or show up to work to discover black raw sewage in your bathroom caused from a clogged sewer line. What a filthy mess! You will need to act fast and call a water and sewer damage cleanup service. In the Chicago, IL, area, ServiceMaster DSI can make cleanup quick and easy so you can get back to life as normal. When your home is covered in water or sewage backup, contact ServiceMaster DSI for water and sewage damage cleanup services.
While you may think that you can begin the cleanup yourself: don’t. Raw sewage is toxic and cleanup requires the proper equipment and knowledge. Here’s why it is important to act quickly and contact a professional water and sewer damage cleanup service as soon as possible:
- Toxicity. Raw sewage is toxic and can be hazardous to your health. For this reason, a professional cleanup team, like ServiceMaster DSI, has the proper clothing and protection to prevent breathing in and touching the sewage.
- Disposal. Disposing of items that have come in direct contact with raw sewage is not an easy task. These items — such as cabinets, furniture, countertops, walls, and floors — cannot just be thrown in a dumpster to be hauled away. It’s more complicated than that because these items need to be taken to biohazard stations to be properly disposed of to ensure the safety of others.
- Protection. If your home or office has experienced raw sewage backup, a professional water and sewage damage specialist has the proper protection gear to wear — such as rubber boots and gloves, hazmat suits, facemasks, and eyewear. Coming into direct contact with wastewater or raw sewage can cause serious infections.
- Removal. Depending on the severity of your issue, the first step is to remove any sewage water and debris. A professional cleaning service has the knowledge and equipment to remove debris safely and efficiently.
- Mold growth. The longer the affected area of your home or office sets after the spill, the higher your chances of incurring mold growth. Act quickly to prevent health issues for you and your family.
- Disinfection. Once the area has been removed of any sewage water and debris, the other portion of the cleanup can begin, which includes sanitizing and disinfecting the space. A professional cleaning service not only has the equipment to do this, but also the proper products to remove toxins and odors, and get your home or office back to where it was.
When sewage water and debris have entered your home or office, calling ServiceMaster DSI will help you avoid further damage to your home or office, and will ensure that the job is done properly and efficiently so that you can get back to life as normal. At ServiceMaster DSI in Chicago, IL, we understand how difficult this situation can be and that’s why we are here to assist you with our advanced equipment, products, and knowledge of safe and efficient water and sewage cleanup. Contact us today by calling (773) 282-1110 or visiting ServiceMaster DSI. We are here for you when you need water and sewage cleanup services.