When traumatic events such as accidents or crimes occur, blood, bodily fluids, and other biohazardous wastes can be left behind. Cleaning and sanitizing are necessary to ensure the safety of you and others who come near the scene. Don’t stress when a traumatic event occurs; ServiceMaster DSI provides professional and thorough trauma cleanup and crime scene cleanup services in Aurora, IL.
It’s always best to contact a professional trauma cleanup crew instead of attempting to clean up the scene yourself. For cleanup after an accident, crime, unattended death, homicide, suicide, or of biohazardous wastes, be aware of a few important tips for the safety of all involved:
- Call 911 to contain the area. Immediately call 911 for assistance to block off the area until the cleaning, disinfecting, and sanitizing are complete.
- Contact a professional trauma cleanup service. A traumatic accident or death requires knowledge and training to begin the crime scene cleanup process. That’s why it’s important to contact a professional trauma cleanup service to prevent further damage from biohazardous materials and ensure the safety of others.
- Utilize proper safety gear. If you’re involved in helping with the cleanup, have the proper safety gear ready and available such as disposable gloves, absorbent materials, protective cap and gown, mask, eye protection, and biohazard bags with zip ties.
- Educate your co-workers, crew members, or family. Educate your co-workers, crew members, family, or friends on how to handle a situation such as a traumatic accident, unattended death, homicide, suicide, or biohazardous waste. Have procedures in place and review the procedures at least once per year.
- Cleanup, sanitization, and deodorization. The first step in the process of cleaning up a traumatic accident or crime scene is to cleanup any blood, bodily fluids, or other biohazardous materials. Secondly, sanitization must take place to kill bacteria and viruses. Lastly, deodorizing is necessary to eliminate odors from the traumatic event.
- Restoration. Once cleanup, sanitization, and deodorizing are complete, the restoration process can begin and is important for the safety of yourself, family, friends, co-workers, or anyone else who may come in contact with the trauma site or crime scene.
If you’ve experienced a traumatic incident in Aurora, IL, contact ServiceMaster DSI immediately for trauma cleanup and crime scene cleanup services. Our experienced and knowledgeable staff will quickly and efficiently remove all blood, bodily fluids, and biohazardous materials and guarantee the area is sanitized and deodorized. Call us at (773) 770-4512 or visit us here.