A season loved by many, summer is a time for picnics, swimming pools, golfing, and enjoying the great outdoors. It’s also a time for grilling and campfires. However, use extra caution when grilling or sitting by a campfire to avoid a gathering gone wrong. If you find yourself in need of fire damage restoration services because of grilling or a campfire gone wrong in Downers Grove, IL, contact ServiceMaster DSI.
Follow a few simple steps to ensure your grilling and campfires are fun and safe!
- Dress appropriately. When grilling or feeding a campfire, be certain to wear clothes that aren’t too big because they may hang in the way of the flames.
- Never leave unattended. Whether you’re grilling or having a campfire, never leave the fire unattended.
- Safe distance from buildings. When you fire up the grill, be sure to move it far enough away from buildings to avoid getting too hot and melting the vinyl siding or having the flames getting out of hand.
- Monitor wind and weather. Monitor and be aware of the wind before starting a grill or campfire and don’t overload it with too many logs or firewood.
- Contain fire. If you have decided to set up a campfire in the back yard or on another piece of property, be sure to keep the fire contained with bricks or a fire pit to keep from spreading.
When you want to enjoy summer and all the benefits that come with the well-loved season, be sure to stay safe. Follow the safety precautions above so you and your family and friends can live the summer dream. However, if you find yourself in need of fire damage restoration services from a campfire or grilling gone wrong in Downers Grove, IL, contact ServiceMaster DSI. Our trained and professional staff stands ready to assist you in getting your house or building back in order and taking the burden off you, so you can enjoy time with family and friends. Contact us today by calling (630) 974-5531 or visit us here. Don’t let grilling or a campfire gone wrong get you down with fire damage restoration services.